Measuring Up to the Georgia's K-12 Standards for Mathematics
Measuring Up offers standards-based instruction to meet the needs of GA students.
- supplement your curriculum
- intervention, before-school or after-school programs, and summer school
- progress-monitoring or benchmarking
Georgia’s K-12 Standards-Driven Achievement
- Introduce concepts by connecting what students will learn; to what they may already know; to real-world examples.
- Provide key academic vocabulary in context.
- Scaffold learning with guided instruction, questions, hints, and checklists at point of learning.
- Apply learning independently with questions that emulate the Georgia Milestones.
- Measure mastery with Exit Tickets.
- Motivate students to master the Georgia's K-12 Standards with checkpoints, hints, turn and talk, think about it and other prompts.
- Instruction to incorporate the real-world lesson goal
- Differentiation for struggling, advanced, and English language learners
- Scoring rubrics, checklists, and graphic organizers.
Lessons lead to mastery of mathematical concepts with:
- Broad written and verbal interactions
- Making connections between and among concepts
- Multi-step complex problem solving
- Procedural skills and fluency
- Integrated mathematical practices
- Various problem-solving solutions
View Lesson Samples
Click on the links below to view sample lessons.