Measuring Up to the Georgia Standards of Excellence for ELA
Measuring Up offers standards-based instruction to meet the needs of GA students.
- supplement your curriculum
- intervention, before-school or after-school programs, and summer school
- progress-monitoring or benchmarking
Georgia Standards of Excellence-Driven Achievement
- Introduce concepts by connecting what students will learn; to what they may already know; to real-world examples.
- Provide key academic vocabulary in context.
- Scaffold learning with guided instruction, questions, hints, and checklists at point of learning.
- Apply learning independently with questions that emulate the Georgia Milestones.
- Measure mastery with Exit Tickets.
- Motivate students to master the Georgia Standards of Excellence with checkpoints, hints, turn and talk, think about it and other prompts.
- Instruction to incorporate the real-world lesson goal
- Differentiation for struggling, advanced, and English language learners
- Scoring rubrics, checklists, and graphic organizers.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS
Standards-based literacy instruction features:
- Foundational and word knowledge skills to academic vocabulary building
- Language conventions and writing composition
- Informational text and literature of varying text types, genre and complexity
- Integration of knowledge and ideas
- Building knowledge drawing upon previously read or known information
View Lesson Samples