Use an integrated approach to language acquisition.
Developed to assist students acquiring English, instructional lessons target the six performance level descriptors (PLDs). Each of the four areas of reading, speaking, listening, and writing are integrated throughout each lesson to provide meaning context. Lessons include unparalleled teacher support for explicit instruction using paired literacy and informational passages.
The Student Edition forms the backbone of learning. It features:
- Language Acquisition Strategies
- Thematic Units
- Emphasis on Tier 1 and 2 Vocabulary
- Peer Collaboration
- Graphic Organizers
- Supported Practice
Annotated Teacher Edition
The Teacher Edition offers an At-a-Glance instructional overview that highlights potential challenges. Additional features include:
- Instructional Scaffolds
- Support for Emerging and Entering PLD Students
- Spanish Cognates
- Specific Modeling Examples
- Speaking and Writing Language Frames
- Assessment Opportunities
Prepare your students for ACCESS for ELL® 2.0 with instructional practice that addresses all WIDA English Language Proficiency standards: Conversational Language and Academic Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics.
- Lessons include unparalleled teacher support for explicit instruction and test preparedness.
- Reduce text anxiety with items formatted like the ACCESS for ELLs 2.0® tests: multiple choice, short and extended writing tasks, and oral response.
- Items are aligned three ways: to a WIDA standard, a performance level, and a clearly defined objective.
- Audio links are included for all listening tasks.
- Build language confidence with ample supported practice.
Four thematic units of 10 lessons each align to academic content areas.
Grade-level instructional practice books designed to support language acquisition and test readiness.
Comprehensive Teacher Edition embraces scaffolded instruction for all PLDs: Entering, Emerging, Developing, Expanding, Bridging, and Reaching.